To see a full-size view of the images posted, just click on them.

RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: This blog is meant to be interactive. Please utilize the comment feature to respond to posts that prompt a reaction. You do not have to agree with me to post, but I do ask that your comment pertain to the post itself. I also ask that "anonymous" guests attach some sort of name to their comments so readers can tell everyone apart. (If you cannot follow these simple rules, your post may be DELETED or at the very least mocked for the entertainment of those who can respect my guidelines.)

Friday, March 3, 2017

Summer in a glass.

My lovely honey, Rosa,  (and Marta too) have a new favorite drink which is just like having an early Summer in liquid form:
( I don't know if it has a name, but I can't take credit for creating it. Rosa had one at a favorite restaurant and I managed to duplicate it at home with my own little twists. The restaurant did not give it a name as I recall.)

Recipe:
2 oz. Cucumber Vodka or Cucumber Lime Vodka
3 fresh basil leaves
fresh cucumber slice
lime juice (splash)
white cranberry juice (chilled)
ice

Put vodka in a shaker with ice along with two basil leaves and a splash of lime juice. Shake vigorously! Now depending on your preference, you can leave the bits of ice-pulverized basil bits in or strain them out. Either way, pour the strained or unstrained liquid into a glass with ice. Add chilled white cranberry juice to fill the glass, stir well. Garnish with both a slice of cucumber and a whole, pristine basil leaf.....and serve!

If you are sick of Winter and want to pretend it's July.....try one of these! (Actually we can't wait for the real Summer to get here, because we've already decided to make a whole spigot jar full of this concoction.) I don't normally go for drinks like this......but.....in all honesty..........it's pretty damned tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment