To see a full-size view of the images posted, just click on them.

RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: This blog is meant to be interactive. Please utilize the comment feature to respond to posts that prompt a reaction. You do not have to agree with me to post, but I do ask that your comment pertain to the post itself. I also ask that "anonymous" guests attach some sort of name to their comments so readers can tell everyone apart. (If you cannot follow these simple rules, your post may be DELETED or at the very least mocked for the entertainment of those who can respect my guidelines.)

Friday, May 5, 2017

Say anything

Everybody's pal.

So, the House passed a healthcare bill they all hate, (click here for story) yet Mr. Trump in one breath says it's a great bill and then in another breath praises the universal healthcare system of Australia (which would be anathema to most in the Republican Party): (click here for story)

Now rather than get into a detailed debate on healthcare, I want to just briefly focus on the appeal of a man who can say anything, up then down, pro then con.....well maybe always "con"......and still have the support of his base. Trump backers are like the ever-hopeful and loving wife of the repeatedly abusive spouse who professes their undying love after every beating. 

They call him a "populist" and yet nothing he's done is in the interest of the "ordinary person," which defines true populist governing. It's populism in 'claim' only.  I grew up thinking populism was a good thing: government for the average person....such an American concept! But that was before the average person was stupid. Now I'm not so sure. 

Middle America used to pride itself on it's disdain for "hucksters", spotting them right off and running them out of town 'on a rail'. What the hell happened? Is there a shortage of tar and feathers? or of common sense? Did something get into the water out there?

Mr. Trump is an easy target to lampoon. ( click here for 'Trump's People') But I have a bigger problem with those who support him no matter what he does or does not do.

But then again, maybe I'm letting it bother me too much. After all, shouldn't everyone love the person who's fucking them?



8 comments:

  1. "But then again, maybe I'm letting it bother me too much. After all, shouldn't everyone love the person who's fucking them?" May depend on whether they are doing it with love and caring and from the front, or are you being bent over and taking it up the ass?

    It really is an interesting phenomenon, and I have no explanation for it at all, which is odd for me. It truly has made me rethink whether there is any price to be paid for hypocrisy, blatant flip-flopping, and flat-out lying. At least if you do it brazenly and with no sense of shame whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized that I've technically lived through 11 other presidencies, with Trump being my 12th. In all that time, with everything I've seen.................I've NEVER seen anything like this.

      Delete
  2. As someone with more than one chronic pre-existing medical condition, it scares the bejesus out of me.

    I don't think I'd die right away, but I would no doubt suffer for a long time before I finally died. Not a pretty picture.

    Our puppet, I mean "president" only cares about the rich and healthy. The fact that people believe the shit he is spewing is frightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't worry too much yet. The Senate is not going to keep the bill as it is currently written.

      And yes.....I can't fault Trump for being Trump......but I am disgusted with the people who seem fine with who he has shown himself to be. I can even understand why some may have voted for him....but to still support him now after everything that has gone down.....is just dumbfounding.

      Delete
  3. "He who's name we do not speak" is how I deal with this topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, 'anonymous'. Sometimes a little humor is the best way to handle these things.

      (Please attach a name next time so we know who you are. It's one of our only two rules for commenting here. Thanks.)

      Delete
  4. I had a glass of wine with a conservative friend of mine last night. He blamed all of trumps troubles and actions on the Democrats refusing to work with him. I still cannot believe it but this is the way he thinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That illustrates the phenomenon pretty accurately. I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, leaning instead to "very small 'l' Libertarian". But I am also open to other political philosophies. But regardless of philosophy, how great would it be if no matter which party had majority, the moderates in each could work together on legislation.....passing things easily while eliminating the polarizing agendas of the extremists in both parties? Isn't that probably what our forefathers had in mind?

      I blame people's obsession with media for our current situation. Turn off the inaccurate and divisive 'talking heads' and THINK FOR YOURSELF. When it was reported that the House passed this bill, I immediately told Rosa why it happened. Hours later later the stories came out confirming what was already obvious to me. Just look at the facts and THINK.

      Delete