To see a full-size view of the images posted, just click on them.

RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: This blog is meant to be interactive. Please utilize the comment feature to respond to posts that prompt a reaction. You do not have to agree with me to post, but I do ask that your comment pertain to the post itself. I also ask that "anonymous" guests attach some sort of name to their comments so readers can tell everyone apart. (If you cannot follow these simple rules, your post may be DELETED or at the very least mocked for the entertainment of those who can respect my guidelines.)

Friday, May 13, 2016

Race-related captions....and thoughts

I found a few captioned photos that were too funny to pass up. They were found among a huge collection of images that dealt with the desire of white people to submit to Black or African-American people. On one hand, as a white submissive male.....I get it. But another part of me got to thinking: 'Isn't there a certain racist irony to this?'

On the surface it seems very empowering to a race that has usually been put in a submissive role (and not a fun sexy one) to be cast as the dominant party, but it seems that the motive for those submitting is based on an assumption of inferiority. It's like: "Not only am I such a lowly submissive that I will grovel before a dominant..........but I'm SO lowly I'll even do it to a Black person." So despite putting the Black person in the dominant role, isn't that attitude still pretty demeaning? (thoughts are very welcome)

Anyway, race aside.............here are a couple of 'captioned captions':


????, Um, but then wouldn't there be a point at which a black woman might no longer be black? (Maybe it would just be better (and more accurate) to say, "No matter the skin color, women are beautiful".)

Granted not a terribly grammatical god, but a god just the same.
(I could be wrong, but this shot seems Photoshopped as well. The submissive has that crazy shadow behind her side that is just floating out there like half of a dark aura. Scale seems an issue as well.)


6 comments:

  1. Horrid! I dislike the abuse of English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if it's divinely sanctioned? ;-)

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's the poor use of grammar that has caused so many people to do terrible things "in god's name" throughout history? Maybe all gods are just poor communicators?

      Delete
  2. Gods are not typically well known for direct communications, unless you are Moses or Michele Bachmann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that. Crazy people seem to be able to hear and understand them just fine.

      Delete