To see a full-size view of the images posted, just click on them.

RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: This blog is meant to be interactive. Please utilize the comment feature to respond to posts that prompt a reaction. You do not have to agree with me to post, but I do ask that your comment pertain to the post itself. I also ask that "anonymous" guests attach some sort of name to their comments so readers can tell everyone apart. (If you cannot follow these simple rules, your post may be DELETED or at the very least mocked for the entertainment of those who can respect my guidelines.)

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Vintage smut

I saw this old pulp cover on a Tumblr site that I have linked.
The art is typical (maybe even a little less than typical).....but what a title! As a writer, I love when words combine in an unexpectedly effective and amusing way. I can't help but think, however, that the prose inside did not live up to the promise of that title.


It got me to thinking of titles for other kinky stories. How about?

The Bewitching Bitch
Cuck Amok
or
The Cooze of the Bamboozled Floozy



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Merry.

      After a while others kept popping into my head, but such things can become overdone. (Hank the Wanker and His Rankled Spanker)?

      See? It's addictive and it gets hard to stop. ............muuuust......fight urge.....to........employ...assonance....

      Delete
  2. Very clever! I remember seeing those pulp paperbacks with lurid titles in racks in the drugstore when I was a child. I always wondered what was inside but didn't dare look!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but now there's nothing to stop you............except the painful realization that the writing just isn't very good.

      Even though this post was about a title, I think my favorite aspect of this genre is the illustration style for the covers. If you check the linked places in the margin you'll see one called "Erotic Art". It's peppered with pulp fiction art.

      Delete