To see a full-size view of the images posted, just click on them.

RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: This blog is meant to be interactive. Please utilize the comment feature to respond to posts that prompt a reaction. You do not have to agree with me to post, but I do ask that your comment pertain to the post itself. I also ask that "anonymous" guests attach some sort of name to their comments so readers can tell everyone apart. (If you cannot follow these simple rules, your post may be DELETED or at the very least mocked for the entertainment of those who can respect my guidelines.)

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My turn

I saw this Q&A on Hermione's blog and even though these things sometimes annoy me in a bemused sort of way, I thought 'what the hell?' After all, a heady discussion of freedom and free will resulted in a whopping 7 people voting in the poll question, so maybe telling Internet strangers my favorite ice cream flavor will be of more interest? I have to admit though, the title for this little questionnaire, "44 Odd Things You Don't Know About Me" struck me as the oddest thing in it. Admitting to owning slippers ( question #23 ) just doesn't register as odd with me. Perhaps asking, "Have you ever stabbed a cat?" or "What's the largest thing you've ever had up your ass?" would qualify as more 'odd'. But the quiz is what it is......and what it is is a quiz......so:

1. Do you like blue cheese? No


2. Have you ever smoked? Tobacco? Other? (no to the first) 


3. Do you own a gun? No, I own several.


4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Black raspberry with chocolate if I'm in my 'fruit' mood, coffee chip otherwise


5. Do you get nervous before Doctor visits? That depends on the reason for the visit.


6. What do you think of hot dogs? They are impressively cylindrical.....yet floppy.


7. Favorite Movie? A Clockwork Orange



8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Black coffee, no sugar, preferably a dark roast.

 9. Do you do push ups? No


10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?  My 'wedding band' even though I'm not married. (sorry, a bit of an inside joke between Rosa and me)

11. Favorite hobby? I have many. My favorite changes by mood and season.

12. Do you have A.D.D.?  It wouldn't surprise me. I'm on question #12 and I'm already bored..................and this is about ME!
  
13. What’s the one thing you dislike about yourself? I'm more fearful than anyone would ever guess.
  
14. What is your middle name?  Gregory

15. Name three thoughts at this moment…Fred, Sylvia, and Queztlcoatl (I think those are good names for thoughts.)

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, water with lemon, and beer

17. Current worry? Finances


18. Current annoyance right now?  Finances


19. Favorite place to be? on the bench in front of my ponds



20. How do you ring in the new year? it depends

21. Where would you like to go? New Orleans, the Grand Canyon, and Key West.


22. Name three people who will complete this? I don't understand the question.


23. Do you own slippers? Yes...........wicked rebel that I am!


24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? White


25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. They feel nice at first and then you wake up on the floor.


26. Can you whistle? Badly.........but far better than I sing.


27. What are your favorite colors? Violet, red, and all the ones in-between on the color spectrum. Each has their place.


28. Would you be a pirate? No, Somalia is terrible this time of year. 


29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Do people really do that?


30. Favorite girls name? Hannah


31. Favorite boys name? Tristan


32. What’s in your pocket right now? mostly nitrogen......... and a bit of oxygen with some carbon dioxide, argon, and some other stuff mixed in


33. Last thing that made you laugh? Question #33


34. Best toy as a child? The solid plastic, 6" figures produced by Marx in the '60's.


35. Worst injury you ever had? fractured knee cap


36. Where would you love to live? the Haight during the 60's.


37. How many TV’s do you have? In the house we have 4, but that's because there are 3 kids living here. I could get by with one. 


38. Who is your loudest friend? Among my friends I'm afraid I am the loudest.


39. How many dogs do you have? Can I change my answer to #33? 


40. Does someone trust you? You'd have to ask them.

41. What book are you reading at the moment? "Great Historical Blunders"


42. What’s your favorite candy?  dark chocolate


43. What’s your favorite sports team? the Charlestown Chiefs


44. Favorite month? October, of course! Does that make me......odd?




8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, ssj............and welcome! Please feel free to look around and join in when the inclination strikes.

      I find those Q&As to be like those Cosmo quizzes.....you know they're a bit ridiculous, but you can't help filling them out.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm... Maybe when I'm actually able to get to a computer and use it without assistance, I'll copy and paste the questions and answer them. Keep in mind that it may be as much as 3 months from now, and by then I will have forgotten all about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you'd like I could incessantly pester you for the next three months so you don't forget? I'm an accomplished irritant.

      Delete
    2. How about instead of pestering me, you just check on my condition in a couple of months? Actually, since I come here quite often you don't even really have to check in on me just remember that I need to do it when it's time.

      Delete
    3. Would I really resort to pestering my most regular contributor? Pish-tosh, I say!

      (I do hope you feel better soon though.)

      Delete
  3. You're right. These questions aren't very odd. But I love your suggestions for questions that really would reveal our oddities. Why not make up your own really, REALLY odd meme?

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm. That could be interesting. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete