To see a full-size view of the images posted, just click on them.

RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS: This blog is meant to be interactive. Please utilize the comment feature to respond to posts that prompt a reaction. You do not have to agree with me to post, but I do ask that your comment pertain to the post itself. I also ask that "anonymous" guests attach some sort of name to their comments so readers can tell everyone apart. (If you cannot follow these simple rules, your post may be DELETED or at the very least mocked for the entertainment of those who can respect my guidelines.)

Sunday, February 26, 2017

And unfortunately....

......for Bill it is.

I just saw that Bill Paxton died at 61! What the hell?! That's way too young. Interesting thing about him is that he could show up in a movie and you'd either immediately recognize him....or not even realize it was him until something triggered the association. Rosa particularly enjoyed his haunting and haunted performance in the  "Hatfields and McCoys" miniseries. But for me, he'll always be the jerky and excitable Private Hudson in "Aliens". What a shame dying so young.



14 comments:

  1. For me, he's always Chet Donnelly in Weird Science.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had completely forgotten that role until you mentioned it and I Wikied it. But you are correct...he played the 'jerk' brother.

      Delete
  2. I agree! Way too young!

    I'm sad to say that I don't have a single memory of ever really watching him, although I've seen many of the movies he's been in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But he was a little like that as he got older; a little 'chameleon-like' in some of his roles. I popped in on Rosa watching "Hatfield/McCoys" and didn't even realize it was him.

      Delete
  3. For me, he's Bill Hendrikson in Big Love. That was such a cool series.

    He will be greatly missed.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard very good things about his portrayal of that character but, sadly, I never even heard of the show until reading about his death. Maybe it will show up on Netflix?

      Delete
    2. It was a very good show, IMO and he was quite compelling in it. It could have been such a cliched portrait of a polygamist patriarch but it had much more depth to it. And besides, it had Harry Dean Stanton in it and you can't go wrong with him... ;-)

      Delete
    3. I'll have to check it out at some point.

      Delete
  4. I agree. A shame to lose such a compelling actor. The last thing I saw him in was "Edge of Tomorrow". He was in the TV version of "Training Day" playing, apparently, the Denzel Washington role but I hadn't started watching it yet. He was a very good "bad guy" as well as a good "good guy", if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had some range, perhaps not enormous range, but some.....but then again Robert DeNiro has only played two characters in his entire career, and people think he's a friggin' genius. ;-)

      Delete
  5. I always got that guy mixed up with Bill Pullman - must be an alliteration thing - both start with Bill P. And I am the same age as those guys. But then I always mixed up Cary Grant and Gregory Peck, too.

    Apparently, he died from a stroke after major heart surgery.

    God Speed Bill Paxton.

    Carl H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be the "Bill P-thing" because they are total opposites to me. Paxton played a lot of high-strung, almost obnoxious characters, and Pullman seems to play uber-bland 'regular guys'.

      Delete
  6. When I first saw the notification, I also thought it was Bill Pullman being referred to.
    Paxton's most memorable role for me, is the one from 'Aliens'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hudson" is a hard character to forget.

      Delete